The definition of plaster is as follows – it’s a finishing coating, which is shaped after the curing of the construction mixture. It is utilized to apply to an ominous surface (concrete, brick, wood) of an erected structure and enables you to achieve a rough leveling of the walls. The layer can reach several centimeters.
There are two large groups of plaster:
And if the first functions only as a base layer, which is then going to be applied concluding, and then the decorative is utilized as the final layer. The mix is protected from all negative environmental factors and allows you to make a more beautiful texture on the surface. But since we wish to learn what the difference between a simple plaster and putty, we are not going to touch the decorative mixes. To summarizethe decorative mixes differ in their structure, their granularity is greater, and their plasticity is significantly less.
Ordinary plaster can be divided into several forms, depending on the main component in the essay:
- The selection of plaster is dependent upon the material where the walls are made. For instance, concrete or brick walls have been completed with concrete compositions. But lime compositions will suit walls made of silicate.
Formerly, plaster mixes based on clay proved rather common. It is better to decorate and insulate wooden buildings. masterprofnastila.ru However, its performance attributes aren’t happy. Since the price of the product is reduced, plaster can be used for completing agricultural buildings.
To achieve a rough leveling appropriate compositions of its production. All these are cement-sand mixtures, and compositions of lime and similar elements. They are blended with water. It is these mixes are perfect for residential buildings positioned in areas where there is a lot of noise (train stations, airfields, homes near stadiums, etc.).
As stated by the technology, plaster is permitted to use both a thin layer (a few mm) plus a thick one (more than 1 cm). The application process itself can be divided into several stages:
- The method of spraying or sketching. Spattering is carried out by means of a mechanical instrument. The process is quick and simple. Sketching is performed manually with a trowel or even master. The principal intention is to smooth out any imperfections from the wall, developing a base coat of fixation on the face.
- After plastering or screeding, it is crucial to employ a smoothing layer. It can be one or more layers. It helps build up the depth of this layer on the wall and to elongate the plane. And to increase adhesiona primer is applied.
- The covering layer. It is the last. Often, rather than it, putty is applied to the prepared surface. This will let you make an even and smooth structure. If you don’t do so, then the covering layer of plaster will be rough. There are times that you need precisely this property. And just how long should plaster warm before puttying? Everything depends on the form of composition. This may be discovered on the packaging from the products.
- It turns out the putty about the final plaster is a frequent thing. It’s permitted to employ putty, moreover, it must even be carried out.
Considering that the leveling layer may be thick, then the technology of applying plaster requires the use of beacons and mesh. Beacons – manuals, thanks to that a layer of any thickness is obtained evenly and without gaps across the length of this wallsocket. Beacons form a section on which plaster is elongated by a rule. And the mesh used for reinforcement between layers averts plaster from cracking, extending and coming off the surface.
According to the definition, a putty is a paste-like or powdery material used prior to the application of confronting material in interior decoration. They allow you to receive a perfectly flat surface, smooth and of top quality, that may be painted or recorded with binders.