Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is applicable not only in regions with cold climate, but also in other climatic zones such as prolonging the duration of fruit-bearing of submerged plants or yearlong usage.
The advantages of these glazing are undoubted:
- Excellent thermal insulation will protect crops from early frosts.
- Glazing gently diffuses light, illuminating all corners of the room.
- Dual glass averts sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and therefore saves electricity.
- Packages won’t suffer with strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service lifetime of glazing with proper treatment is over just a dozen years.
- The decorative look of glazing enables you to not hide the greenhouse in the backyard, and install it in the front lawn. Some proprietors of original shape greenhouses make them of the main decoration of the yard or backyard.
Additionally, manufacturers provide double-glazed dividers using a set of necessary functions, including special masterseptika.ru coatings for heating and energy conserving protection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, as well as soundproofing.
Method of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows may be with specific vents for ventilation, that are outfitted with apparatus together with the role of automatic opening. This is extremely convenient, because not necessarily the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. As an example, the French are actively using only such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the current day. Rest assured: a glass will become your servant for decades to come.
- Glass does not retain UV rays, which are essential for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, consequently allowing you to take advantage of the power of sunlight.
- If you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, this arrangement could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the form of large hail, extreme heat and also strong frost isn’t going to be a problem with the structure ).
- For greenhouses made from glass is distinguished by exceptional insulation. In addition, there’s an opportunity to put in heating apparatus in them.
Of course, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that needs to be taken into account when building it.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a bright day, the translucent coating of greenhouses allows short-wave solar radiation. It is consumed by black surfaces (ground, plants, equipment ), turns right into long-wave radiation and remains inside the construction. This transformation occurs with the release of heat, which makes a greenhouse effect in the greenhouse.
So, glass windows absolutely allow the sun’s rays in the area and almost completely retain the rear radiation, not permitting it to go out. In other words, unlike movie, glass has become the most heat-saving material, and this is one of the principal features of a great greenhouse.