Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by a number of materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their characteristics. The leading position among this elegant assortment is taken by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the abundant choice of textures and colors, such flooring look spectacular and stylish, and 1poshtoram.ru match with almost any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not just by their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid timber, therefore it is frequently used as the main element for decorating floors.
One of the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t poor to floors made from natural stone or wood.
However perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can comprise:
- The high cost. The product, which can last more than a dozen decades is expensive, but in performance, these prices are certain to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made from special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The end result is a lasting and beautiful ending substance.
The two types of boards just replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are available.